Monday, January 18, 2010

You Are Needed

Morning routine: Brew a fresh pot of coffee. Get the fire going in the fireplace. Let the dog out. Pour a cup of coffee and settle into "my" overstuffed leather chair. Open up laptop and power it up. Click away on my keyboard and check in on the world "out there".

Lately, though - there's a blip on the screen. A skip in the record. A piece missing in the puzzle. And that's putting it mildly.

Helplessness. Guilt. Sympathy beyond sympathy. Heartbreak. A strong sense of unrest and discomfort that can't be shaken by the usual comforts.

I'm just one person. On top of that, just one person with limited resources. But I do have a computer. And a cellphone. And a few extra humble dollars. And the power of choice.

I choose to leverage those few things by shouting out to anyone who may read this post. And anyone who may check my FB page.

I know you know about the Haiti tragedy. I know you know about the myriad of relief efforts. I know you care. Please, if you haven't already, or can do so again, PLEASE choose to pick up that cellphone and text the word 'HAITI" to number 90999.  Or click on the American Red Cross website.  It's the least we can do.


No comments:

inspiration is all around even where we least expect it